Volunteer Service Made Fun
Calling all high school students!
Are you interested in animals and the environment? Do you enjoy teaching others? The ZooTeens program at the New York State Zoo at Thompson Park offers you an opportunity to work with the public while gaining conservation education experience. We are searching for passionate and responsible high school students who will gain real-world work experience at the zoo: caring for animals, presenting to groups and working with children at zoo camps. All in exchange for a summer of fun and volunteer service hours.
Who can be a ZooTeen?
It's a big commitment! You can apply if you:
- are entering 9th to 12th grade
- like working with the public and want to develop your public speaking skills
- are interested in conservation education: learning about animals and sharing that information with others
- want to assist with the care of animals
- can commit to one day of training
- can commit to two volunteer service shifts per week
This summer, the ZooTeens program is better than ever. Teens will have specific work duties that allow them to work alongside zoo professionals and develop new skills. This is not your typical volunteer service program! For more information, please contact Amanda at 315-755-0225 or email@example.com