Guest Experience Associate
Department: Guest Services
Reports To: Guest Experience & Events Coordinator
Salary: Hourly Position
The Guest Experience Associate is responsible for the operation of the Guest Service Facility/Visitor Center. Since the Associate is typically the guest’s first interaction with the New York State Zoo, he/she is responsible for consistently providing a welcoming and positive experience.
- Responsible for Gift Shop operations including assisting with stocking and tracking inventory.
- Responsible for Café operations including maintaining stock and merchandising standards, preparing menu items, maintaining kitchen and dining facility, and providing customer service all in accordance with the New York State health code.
- Responsible for admissions desk operations including greeting visitors and collecting admissions, receiving and directing incoming phone calls, take reservations for zoo events, and providing information about zoo services, memberships, exhibits, events, and activities to the general public.
- Assist as needed for special Zoo events
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Understanding of retail merchandising, inventory, and sales procedures
- Ability to work efficiently while unsupervised
- Experience in retail, cash register operations, and food service helpful
- Experience with Microsoft Office and point-of-sale software helpful
- Ability to maintain cleanliness and upkeep of all guest services facilities
- Must be available to fulfill shift hours: 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM, may include weekends and event nights.
Email: Pam@nyszoo.org with questions