The Thompson Park Zoo strives to be the premier zoological park that focuses on New York State ecosystems, through conservation, education, scientific study, and recreation.
The Thompson Park Zoo prides itself as being the only zoo in the world to exhibit species native to New York State. Abundant, threatened or endangered animals, including wolverines, black bears, eagles, mountain lions, Canada lynx, grey wolves, and more make their home at our 32-acre Zoo.
Hours, Admission, and Directions
- April - October 30, 2016: Open seven days a week 10am - 5pm--
- We are closing early on July 29th and 30th for our Brew at the Zoo event preparation. General admission hours will be 10am-3pm, while the Event runs 5:30pm-8pm.
- October 31, 2016 - March 2017: Open every Saturday & various school holidays for general admission from 11am to 3pm.
- Open December 26 to December 31
- Open February 19, 2017 to February 26, 2017
Admission (April - October)
- $9 adult
- $7 senior
- $6 child (age 4 – 12)
- Children 3 & under FREE
- Pets are not allowed inside the Zoo
- See which Zoos we share benefits with:click here.